There are 3 parts to the Qualifying Criteria for Storage Heater Grants:
1. You must live in your own home. Privately rented homes, council owned properties and housing association properties are currently excluded from the Storage Heater Grant Scheme.
2. You must receive at least one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Allowances:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Allowance
- Child Benefit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement (MOD)
- Constant Attendance Allowance (MOD)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (MOD)
Child Benefit is subject to maximum household income thresholds
3. The electric panel heaters installed in your home must be broken at the time of your ECO survey. Grants ARE NOT AVAILABLE to replace broken electric storage heaters.
Storage Heater Grants are aimed at low income Families and Pensioners who have broken electric panel heaters and who cannot afford to replace them.